1/1 Photo of Broccoli, Peas and Carrots Casserole
I was looking for a fresh broccoli recipe and couldn’t find any one I liked. So I thought that I will make my own. It actually was not so bad. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large head of broccoli (or frozen about 20 ounce)
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (or fresh)
- 1 onion, diced and saute
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup corn flakes (or multi-grain flakes)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 11. Chop broccoli in 1 inch pieces
- 22. Steam broccoli for 3 minutes,
- 33. Defrost or steam frozen peas and carrots.
- 44. Dice and sauté onion with 2-3 t.s. of butter or oil until soft and slightly brown.
- 55. Mix together cream of chicken soup, shredded cheese, onion, broccoli, carrots and peas.
- 66. Spoon mixture in the casserole dish
- 77. Top with corn flakes.
- 88. Drizzle with the rest of melted butter or oil.
- 99. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350°F
- 10If you like to have vegetables slightly undercooked, remove casserole 10 minutes earlier. Also, you can add a 1/4 cup of chopped almonds for extra crunch.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli, Peas and Carrots Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.3
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 437.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g