I was looking for a fresh broccoli recipe and couldn’t find any one I liked. So I thought that I will make my own. It actually was not so bad. :)
- 2 large head of broccoli (or frozen about 20 ounce)
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (or fresh)
- 1 onion, diced and saute
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes (or multi-grain flakes)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1. Chop broccoli in 1 inch pieces
- 2. Steam broccoli for 3 minutes,
- 3. Defrost or steam frozen peas and carrots.
- 4. Dice and sauté onion with 2-3 t.s. of butter or oil until soft and slightly brown.
- 5. Mix together cream of chicken soup, shredded cheese, onion, broccoli, carrots and peas.
- 6. Spoon mixture in the casserole dish
- 7. Top with corn flakes.
- 8. Drizzle with the rest of melted butter or oil.
- 9. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350°F
- If you like to have vegetables slightly undercooked, remove casserole 10 minutes earlier. Also, you can add a 1/4 cup of chopped almonds for extra crunch.