Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a no-cook, fast and delicious salad that can be made ahead. What a wonderful lunch this makes!! Modified from a recipe that I found in Prevention magazine. Next time I am going to throw in some chopped dried apricots too!
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon splenda artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (I used powdered)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried cherries (may use cranberries)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dry roasted salted peanut
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, Splenda and ginger.
- Cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces and place in the bowl with the dressing.
- Throw the dried fruit and peanuts into the bowl as well and toss everything together.
- Cover and refrigerate - can be made up to 2 days in advance.
So Good and very quick to put together. I did a quick blanch like a dip in hot water and took right out into an ice bath. Just to brighten the color. I did have to whisk the dressing ingredients which I cut by 1/3`d and skipped the sugar. The tart sweet dried cherries filled in for the sugar. I did use fresh ginger root that I minced real thin and fresh garlic that I grated right into the dressing. Thank you so much for our good eats!
Yes! I loved this! I used regular peanut butter, and light soy sauce....I used some apple cider vinegar and had a nice taste to it. I had cranberries that I used as well, and this turned out to be a lovely surprise, and great taste-sensation. Thanks for posting such a lovely salad! Made for ZWT 7
I was curious to try this recipe. I loved the taste with the peanut butter and soy sauce. But it's a bit too vinaigry for my taste. Next time I'll use less white wine vinegar. I used dried cranberries which is great with it. Thanks JanuaryBride :) Made for the Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7