Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
There are lots of variations of this Broccoli Salad. I have had similar salads with sunflower seeds or toasted pecans instead of the peanuts.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 -2 slice bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Chill for an hour or two.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, raisins, peanuts, onions and bacon.
- Add the dressing mixture; toss to coat.
This is a great salad! I had to make some changes for dietary restrictions and to accommodate what I had on hand (only 1/4 cup sugar, red wine vinegar instead of cider vinegar, craisins instead of raisins, Vidalia onion instead of red onion, and no bacon) but the combination of broccoli, peanut, and onion was fantastic. Thanks so much for a great recipe; my husband asked for it two days after the first time we ate it and that's saying a lot.
I love broccoli salad! This was good with the variation of the peanuts. I used veggie bacon and a only 1/2 cup sugar. Thanks Sharlene!