Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This has a refreshing taste and crunch. You can leave out the sunflower seeds if you wish. You can also add raisins if you like them. This is so easy! You can make this in winter using canned peaches and frozen broccoli.
- 473.18 ml fresh broccoli florets, each floret cut in half
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 946.36 ml water
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 1-2 fresh peach, peeled, diced
- 1-2 fresh avocado, peeled, diced
- 28.39 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds
- 59.14 ml soft raisins (optional)
- 78.07 ml poppy seed dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan bring water to boiling, add baking soda, then the florets. Cook 3 minutes. Drain in colandar and dip in a bowl of ice water.
- Let set until cool.
- Place diced avocados in a separate bowl and toss with lemon juice. Set aside.
- In medium salad bowl add broccoli, and toss with rice vinegar.Add diced peaches, sunflower seeds, raisins and poppy seed dressing.
- You may cover and refrigerate if you wish.
- Just before serving, add the diced avocados with the lemon juice.
- This is a salad if which you can increase any of the ingredients you like.
- The longer it sits with the dressing, the flavor increases. If you prepare for a longer time to sit in the refrigerator,reduce the dressing. A little goes along way.
- Important: Always add the avocado at the last minutes before serving and toss to mix.
- This salad goes well with any grilled meat or fish.