Montana Heart Song's Note:
This has a refreshing taste and crunch. You can leave out the sunflower seeds if you wish. You can also add raisins if you like them. This is so easy! You can make this in winter using canned peaches and frozen broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan bring water to boiling, add baking soda, then the florets. Cook 3 minutes. Drain in colandar and dip in a bowl of ice water.
- 2Let set until cool.
- 3Place diced avocados in a separate bowl and toss with lemon juice. Set aside.
- 4In medium salad bowl add broccoli, and toss with rice vinegar.Add diced peaches, sunflower seeds, raisins and poppy seed dressing.
- 5You may cover and refrigerate if you wish.
- 6Just before serving, add the diced avocados with the lemon juice.
- 7This is a salad if which you can increase any of the ingredients you like.
- 8The longer it sits with the dressing, the flavor increases. If you prepare for a longer time to sit in the refrigerator,reduce the dressing. A little goes along way.
- 9Important: Always add the avocado at the last minutes before serving and toss to mix.
- 10This salad goes well with any grilled meat or fish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Peach Salad With Avocado and Sunflower Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 96.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
poppy seed dressing