Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband loves fishing and the rivers and lakes have been rich. Half of our freezer is full with salmon and trout so i try to use some of it at least once a week. I prefere smoked salmon with this as it really gives a lot of flavour. Ideal is if you have some homebaked bread wih real butter with it. It can be a starter, a great lunch or a lighter fare dinner.
- Wash and clean the broccoli, cut it into small flowers and cook it in boiling saltwater for 4 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Take it out and cook the pasta in the same water until al dente.
- Set aside.
- Cut the salmon into thin slices and then into bites (never into cubes).
- Whisk the eggs and add milk, a pinch of salt and the freshly grinded black pepper.
- Put the pasta in a nice salad bowl, pour the eggs over it, add the broccoli and at last the salmon and blend.
- Serve or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.
I know it's probably just me, but I made this recipe even though I do have aversion to eating anything that includes uncooked eggs! So, I did leave out the 'sauce' part of this recipe, but had made up a dill sauce recipe & used it over the salmon & broccoli instead! We do like the salmon/broccoli combo & the dill sauce was a nice addition, we thought! [Made & reviewed while in Scandinavia with the ZWT6]