Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the internet, gave it a try, and loved it. I like to chill it before eating so I can't vouch for the taste at room temperature.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 lb pasta shells
- 1⁄3 cup nuts (walnuts, sunflower seeds)
- 1⁄3 cup garbanzo beans (optional)
- Prepare dressing first by beating together mayonnaise and yogurt until smooth.
- Add next seven ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the salad.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta as directed, dropping in broccoli pieces in last 2 minutes to blanch.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, rinse with cold water.
- Remove as much water from salad as possible.
- Stir in nuts and garbanzos.
- Add dressing.
- Let sit at least 30 minutes before serving; the flavors will come out best if salad is at room temperature.
I can vouch for the great room temperature taste, Lvs2Cook. I used rotini, walnuts and the chickpeas and I was probably heavy-handed with the parmesan. This is an inspired, always available dressing for my kitchen and has uses limited only by the imagination.