I found this recipe on the internet, gave it a try, and loved it. I like to chill it before eating so I can't vouch for the taste at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1/2 lb pasta shells
- 1/3 cup nuts (walnuts, sunflower seeds)
- 1/3 cup garbanzo beans (optional)
- 1Prepare dressing first by beating together mayonnaise and yogurt until smooth.
- 2Add next seven ingredients.
- 3Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the salad.
- 4Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 5Cook pasta as directed, dropping in broccoli pieces in last 2 minutes to blanch.
- 6Drain pasta and broccoli, rinse with cold water.
- 7Remove as much water from salad as possible.
- 8Stir in nuts and garbanzos.
- 9Add dressing.
- 10Let sit at least 30 minutes before serving; the flavors will come out best if salad is at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Pasta With Creamy Garlic Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 330.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: