Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe appeared on Downhome with the Neelys on the Food Network channel. It looks delicious and I plan to make it for a Church potluck that is coming up; although, I will probably leave out the cayenne pepper. *Note - this recipe calls for broccoli slaw which can be purchased in the salad section of the supermarket.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked and cooled
- 16 ounces broccoli (broccoli slaw, shredded)
- 1 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, plain lowfat
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, lowfat
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Cool.
- Add pasta, broccoli slaw, almonds, and dried cranberries to a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the broccoli and stir to combine. Check seasonings and adjust.
Since I was taking this to a function, I doubles the recipe. I have to say, that it needed just a bit more vinegar, as I wasn't able to detect it very much. Perhaps it's because of the pasta soaking up the sauce to much? The tasters were split. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)