1/1 Photo of Broccoli Pasta Sauce
An easy, tasty recipe for a weeknight dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb broccoli, separated into small flowerets, stalks peeled and cut into 1/4 inch julienne
- 2/3 cup minced scallion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola, cut into small cubes
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1Cook broccoli in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- 2Drain and refresh under cold, running water, and pat dry.
- 3Cook scallion in butter until softened; add cream, basil and garlic; simmer, stirring.
- 4Add cheeses and stir until well-combined.
- 5Stir in broccoli and cayenne and salt and pepper to taste and cook until heated through.
- 6Serve sauce over linguine and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.0
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 633.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 30.3 g