Recipe by evelyn/athens
An easy, tasty recipe for a weeknight dinner.
Top Review by Chef Jean
Loved this sauce! The garlic was just right and adding gorgonzola to alfredo sauce always adds a great flavor. Thanks for the tip to pat the broccoli dry before adding to the sauce, I'm sure that will save a lot of headaches! Made for ZWT 7.
- 1 lb broccoli, separated into small flowerets, stalks peeled and cut into 1/4 inch julienne
- 2⁄3 cup minced scallion
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, cut into small cubes
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold, running water, and pat dry.
- Cook scallion in butter until softened; add cream, basil and garlic; simmer, stirring.
- Add cheeses and stir until well-combined.
- Stir in broccoli and cayenne and salt and pepper to taste and cook until heated through.
- Serve sauce over linguine and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.