Recipe by CoreChick
This is my favorite dish to take to pot-luck dinners or family reunions. It travels well in the cooler, and the flavors get better the next day. This is also a great side salad for summer cookouts! Sometimes I substitute dried cranberries for the raisins, or use half broccoli, half cauliflower.
- 236.59 ml small broccoli floret
- 295.73 ml small cooked whole wheat shell pasta
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 78.07 ml chopped red onion
- 59.14 ml cooked turkey bacon
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds
- 78.07 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml sugar substitute, such as Splenda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut turkey bacon into 1/2 inch strips, brown and drain well.
- Cook pasta and drain, then rinse in cold water until the pasta is cooled.
- In a large bowl, mix chopped broccoli, pasta, raisins, onion, cooled bacon, and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar and Splenda until well blended.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until well coated.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.