Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an Italian-style omelette that is perfect for a brunch gathering, it can also be made using chopped zucchini or any vegetable you desire. All the veggie amounts can be adjusted to taste.
- 4 -6 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti or 6 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat about 2-3 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet.
- Add in broccoli, chopped tomato, mushrooms, onion and garlic; sauté until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add in olives and herbs; cool.
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the sautéed veggies and cooked pasta.
- Heat another 2-3 tablespoons oil in a large oven-proof/broiler-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture/pasta to the skillet, then press the mixture down with the back of a spoon to even out in the pan.
- Cook until the frittata on top of stove until the bottom is set and golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the broiler and cook until the top of the frittata is set (about 2 minutes).
- Remove the skillet and cut into wedges.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.