Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Broccoli, Pasta and Lemon Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 125 g risoni (pasta rice)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the stock in a large pan until boiling. Add the risoni and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and simmer for 4 mins or until the pasta and broccoli are tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, zest and oregano and season the the freshly ground black pepper.
Something different indeed. I scaled this down to one serving to make a quick but healthy dinner after a busy working day. Used fresh Greek oregano snipped minutes before adding and a nice sized lemon. The combination was perfect and added a good flavor to a simple recipe. I will do this over and over using different veggies or vegetable combinations. Thanks!