Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very tasty and super easy pasta dish. I tend to like to add a bit of pepper instead of the chili flakes. chicken is also a nice addition.
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt.
- Meanwhile, separate broccoli florets from the stalks
- Add the broccoli to the boiling water and cook until tender but still bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Remove broccoli with slotted spoon.
- Add pasta and cook to desired doneness, 8-12 minutes.
- Drain reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add garlic and hot pepper flakes.
- Saute until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add drained broccoli.
- Mix in ricotta cheese and pasta, until sauce is creamy.
- If sauce is too dry, add as much pasta water as desired to get a creamy consistency.