Recipe by night_angel82
Penne pasta with broccoli and pancetta. You may like to try adding anchovies for something different.
Top Review by grover #1
I was shocked that this meal turned out wonderful. I thank the chef who came up with it. Inexpensive, much flavor. What can I say, just wonderful, and thank you again. joe grover
- 300 g penne
- 1 head broccoli, broken up into smallish florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g pancetta or 80 g bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Put penne in boiling water. When half cooked add the broccoli.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat, add a tbsp of oil and cook the pancetta until crispy.
- Add the garlic and chilli and stir through. Remove from heat.
- When penne is cooked, drain. Broccoli should be soft and broken into pieces.
- Add penne and broccoli to pan of pancetta and oil. Stir ingredients together and add remaining oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with parsley and parmesan.