Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to cook broccoli. My family enjoys this.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli spears
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Bring broccoli and broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in pepper.
- Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl and add onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I made this using green onions instead of regular onions, since half of my household do not like the texture of cooked onion if not hidden among other ingredients. :) We loved this stray from regular steamed broccoli and we will be making it again.
One of the vegetables I made for Easter 2010. It was a huge hit! Thanks for sharing - a definite keeper.
What's not to like about this recipe? I made exactly as posted, and it was fabulous alongside a great fish dinner. Thanks for sharing!