Recipe by Texas Aggie Mom
Wonderful, refreshing salad. A good substitute for the common tossed salad. Cook time is actually chill time.
Top Review by Jenny Ann
We enjoyed this and will do it again. I can't get (or afford if they are available) mandarin oranges in a can so I used a regular sweet orange. It worked fine. We also thought that it needs way less onion - but that would depend on the onions you have available and how much you like onion flavor.
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 lbs. fresh broccoli)
- 1 small purple onion (thinly sliced and separated into rings)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces (toasted)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained