Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Wait until you get a taste of this delicious broccoli salad, you will be making this all of the time, it is the most awesome salad.. and is definately worth making, I promise! Plan ahead the broccoli needs to marinate in the dressing for 3-4 hours. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was so good that I can't wait to have it again. I shared it with my neighbours, everyone wanted the recipe. I loved the dressing, the blending of flavours was perfect. A nice variation for broccoli salad. I omitted the nuts and added extra orange peices.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (use mayo not salad dressing)
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, washed and very well drained (I do this hours in advance or even a day ahead to make certain that the broccoli is well drained)
- 1 cup raisins
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond (or to taste)
- 1 large orange (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing: in a saucepan, whisk together the eggs, sugar, cornstarch and the dry mustard.
- Add/whisk in vinegar and water; cook on low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add/stir in the mayonnaise and garlic powder (if using) cool well.
- To make the salad: marinate broccoli in the dressing for about 3-4 hours.
- Add in the remaining salad ingredients; toss well to combine.