1/1 Photo of Broccoli Orange Salad
Wait until you get a taste of this delicious broccoli salad, you will be making this all of the time, it is the most awesome salad.. and is definately worth making, I promise! Plan ahead the broccoli needs to marinate in the dressing for 3-4 hours. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (use mayo not salad dressing)
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, washed and very well drained (I do this hours in advance or even a day ahead to make certain that the broccoli is well drained)
- 1 cup raisins
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3-1/2 cup slivered toasted almond (or to taste)
- 1 large orange (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1For the dressing: in a saucepan, whisk together the eggs, sugar, cornstarch and the dry mustard.
- 2Add/whisk in vinegar and water; cook on low heat until thickened.
- 3Remove from heat, add/stir in the mayonnaise and garlic powder (if using) cool well.
- 4To make the salad: marinate broccoli in the dressing for about 3-4 hours.
- 5Add in the remaining salad ingredients; toss well to combine.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.4
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 742.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 54.9 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar