Recipe by Hey Jude
This is another great, easy, tasty, healthy recipe that I adapted from A Spoonful of Ginger by Nina Simonds.
Top Review by dale!
This was really good! I used all broccoli, steamed in a saucepan. Then I removed the water and put everything together in the saucepan to warm the dressing and melt the sugar. Yummy, thanks!
- 2 lbs broccoli or 2 lbs cauliflower (about 2 bunches broccoli)
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp paring knife, peel the tough skin from the broccoli stems and cut away the stem ends.
- Cut off the florets and cut the peeled stems on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch thick sections.
- Separate the larger florets so that all are approximately the same size.
- If cooking cauliflower, remove any leaves and break or cut into florets, about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Arrange the broccoli or cauliflower in a steamer tray, or on a plate set on a rack.
- Fill a wok or pot with several inches of water and heat to boiling.
- Place the vegetable over the boiling water and steam 6-8 minutes, or until tender.
- I like my veggies crisp tender so I steam mine just a few minutes.
- Steam them till they're the way you like, check after 3-4 minutes.
- Drain any water from the broccoli or cauliflower.
- Put the vegetable in a serving bowl, add the dressing, toss lightly and serve.