Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is equally delicious with either broccoli or cauliflower. It's also a good recipe to take to a potluck dinner. It's even tasty at room temperature.
- 1 bunch cooked broccoli or 1 bunch cauliflower or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cauliflower
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 48 Ritz crackers, crumbled in (1 sleeve, wrap)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Place broccoli or cauliflower in a baking dish 9x13.
- Blend soup, mayonnaise, eggs and cheese together and pour over vegetables.
- Top with buttered cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-40 minutes or until bubbling.
I loved this recipe. I crushed my ritz crackers and shook them up in a baggie with the melted butter. I might make with just Broccoli next time. Funny how people cringe at the mention of cauliflower but that was more for me to take home and was my favorite leftover and I was sad to see it end..Hubby loved it. I think instead of the crackers next time I am going to replace with the dry stuffing in the bag.
It was a bit bland, but my dinner guests liked it. I'm not sure I would make it again.
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone LOVED it. I used to make a casserole with chopped broccoli, but my husband really loved this one and that is what really counts. Thanks Jane for a a very tasty side dish for any dinner. Noticed I forgot to add the stars on my review and this definately deserves 5 stars.