Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delightful blend of sautéed fresh garlic in olive oil and fresh broccoli crowns
Make and share this Broccoli Olive Oil recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- In a large sauce pan add olive oil and fresh garlic. Simmer over medium heat until garlic turns light brown. Do not burn as garlic will turn bitter. Remove garlic leaving the remaining olive oil and place on a paper towel for a tasty treat.
- Remove stalks from broccoli reserving the crowns. Add the crowns and water into the reserved olive oil and cook until broccoli becomes al dente .Don't over cook.
- Can be served with a variety of your favorite foods
I usually steam the broccoli and then drizzle the olive oil/garlic mix over it. yummm
A nice variation on plain broccoli, with a subtle garlic flavor. I think I would steam the broccoli in plain water, drain and then toss with the garlic oil next time, though, to get more of the oil on the broccoli. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.