Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great, light pasta dish with very little oil. Please note to adjust the cooking time if using pasta other than spaghetti. I often omit the olives due to a daughter that doesn't like them and it's still fabulous. You can also adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to your liking. Another variation is to use cherry tomatoes, halved instead of regular tomatoes. My family really enjoys this dish, hope you do too!!
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add spaghetti; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli; boil 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta and broccoli are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta mixture; add to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
I added Vegan Mozzarella and broiled for 8 minutes. Yummy!
I enjoyed this for dinner this evening. I discovered I didn't have enough spaghetti, so use fettuccini. I halved the recipe, and used slightly more Parmesan cheese. Thank you!