1/2 Photos of Broccoli 'n Red Peppers Stir Fried
The key to a good stir fry is to have the veggies piping hot but still crisp. Cook this to your liking in terms of crispness. If you like a thicker sauce add 2 tsp of cornstarch to the stock. Great with Chicken. If you wish this suitable for vegetarrian diets use veggie stock in place of the chicken stock I have made this again in 2009. I modified the recipe by omitting the sesame seeds, used no oil just a light spray of "no oil." Not caring for a lot of sauce cut out the stock and used 4 tbsp of vermouth with 3 tbsp light soy - It worked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb button mushroom
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1In a wok or large skillet Heat oils over high heat.
- 2Stir fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds, remove garlic& ginger and discard.
- 3Add onions stir fry 1 minute.
- 4Add mushrooms, stir fry 1 minute.
- 5Add broccoli, stir fry 1 minute.
- 6Add red Pepper and stir fry for 1 minute.
- 7Add stock& soy sauce, bring to a simmer for about 1 minute or until the veggies are cooked to your liking.
- 8Sprinkle with Sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli 'n Red Peppers Stir Fried
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 224.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g