Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
In one word...Tasty!
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into pieces
- 3 -4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 -4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Steam vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Drain well.
- Place in a large bowl along with mushrooms and green onions.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Toss well.
- Chill for 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
I know I can count on MarieAlice to have great salad in her recipes, so I was not disappointed in this recipe either!!!! It was so easy to fix. I used the very small baby carrots, and steamed them along with the broccoli and cauliflower in the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. Shocked them in ice water to stop the cooking and keep their pretty color, mixed the remaining ingredients and poured over the veggies. Put them in a sealed container and put in the fridgeand gave them a shake occasionally. Good stuff!!!!