Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a tasty recipe that I found in a Weight Watcher's cookbook. It's nice for a Sunday morning brunch.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray 9" pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt margarine.
- Add broccoli, onions and mushrooms; cook, stirring constantly, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Add egg substutite and milk; mix until smooth.
- Stir in the broccoli mixture and cheese.
- Transfer into pie plate.
- Bake until the top is golden and a knife inserted in the center comes clean, about 35 minutes.
I thought I had brocolli in the freezer and it ended up being spinach, so I substitued. Other than that I followed the recipe and this was great. It even made two quiches.