1/3 Photos of Broccoli Mushroom Noodle Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This is a tasty, filling vegetarian main dish from The Moosewood Cookbook. This makes a lot, so you may want to try half if cooking for a small family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 stalk fresh broccoli, including stems, peeled and chopped
- 453.59 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14.79-29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 3 eggs
- 709.77 ml ricotta cheese (or a combination) or 709.77 ml cottage cheese (or a combination)
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 709.77 ml uncooked wide egg noodles
- 236.59 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 59.14-118.29 ml fine breadcrumbs or 59.14-118.29 ml wheat germ
- 1Saute chopped broccoli, mushrooms and onion in butter till tender. Salt and pepper lightly. Toss with wine.
- 2Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- 3Whisk in ricotta/cottage cheese and sour cream.
- 4Boil noodles in salted water till slightly underdone. Drain and butter.
- 5Removed sauteed vegetables from pan to cheese mixture with a slotted spoon.
- 6Add noodles and either 1/4 cup bread crumbs or 2 T wheat germ. Mix everything.
- 7Spread into buttered 9x13 baking pan.
- 8Top with more breadcrumbs or wheat germ and grated cheddar.
- 9Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350.
- 10Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Mushroom Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.7
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 226.1 mg
- Sodium 355.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 30.2 g