Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
This is a tasty, filling vegetarian main dish from The Moosewood Cookbook. This makes a lot, so you may want to try half if cooking for a small family.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
Broccoli and mushrooms go great together so I knew I'd enjoy this. I served to my father in law (who likes broccoli) but didn't bother with the rest of the family, since the wheat noodles I used put it over the "edge" in healthiness factor. I also enjoyed a sprinkling of walnuts on mine. Thanks Pattikay, for posting. Roxygirl
- 2 stalk fresh broccoli, including stems, peeled and chopped
- 453.59 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14.79-29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 3 eggs
- 709.77 ml ricotta cheese (or a combination) or 709.77 ml cottage cheese (or a combination)
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 709.77 ml uncooked wide egg noodles
- 236.59 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 59.14-118.29 ml fine breadcrumbs or 59.14-118.29 ml wheat germ
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chopped broccoli, mushrooms and onion in butter till tender. Salt and pepper lightly. Toss with wine.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Whisk in ricotta/cottage cheese and sour cream.
- Boil noodles in salted water till slightly underdone. Drain and butter.
- Removed sauteed vegetables from pan to cheese mixture with a slotted spoon.
- Add noodles and either 1/4 cup bread crumbs or 2 T wheat germ. Mix everything.
- Spread into buttered 9x13 baking pan.
- Top with more breadcrumbs or wheat germ and grated cheddar.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.