- 2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon leaf, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the broccoli into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Steam in water until crisp yet tender, do not drain. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt butter and then add flour, Cook stirring constantly, for 2 - 4 minutes. Do not Brown. Stir in chicken stock broth and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low, add half-and-half, mushrooms, broccoli and seasonings to the liquid.
- Heat through but do not boil. Serve immediately.