Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderful vegetarian one-dish meal or could be a side-dish too! Perfect for a winters night. *Healthy Request soup adds 44 calories, 1 gram fat and 1 gram of sugar per serving. Half a can of fried onions adds 61 calories and 4 gram of fat per serving.*
- 1 lb frozen broccoli (Or about 2 medium bunches fresh broccoli, trimmed and chopped)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of celery soup
- 3 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded (3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 ounces French-fried onions, divided (half a small can)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, then place in prepared casserole dish when finished.
- While broccoli is steaming. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for additional 30 seconds.
- Add the next 9 ingredients (through fat-free mayonnaise) and cook until warm and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in egg beaters. Pour mixture over broccoli.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then add French-fried onions and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Hi! I had to look at this recipe because the picture was so appealing.I would like to point out, however that it is not vegetarian with Worcestershire sauce in it.
Very good broccoli casserole! I didn't use fat free cheese (I used reduced fat - 4 oz) and I used light mayo for the full amount of mayo. Otherwise, I did stick to the recipe. The mushrooms added a nice taste and texture. I thought it was very tasty and it was easy to make, too. Thanx!
Okay, I changed the recipe a lot, but it turned out great! I used fresh broccoli and mushrooms, cream of chicken soup, and no french fried onions, just extra cheese on the top! It turned out great, a little heat but not burn your mouth off hot. I will definately make this again and try the french fried onions on the top.