Recipe by LAURIE
Another one of those things that you put together when you crave something and are cleaning out the fridge! This comes together fast, esp if you have leftover mashed potatoes or use instant. If by any chance any of this is left over, thin it down with some chicken stock and milk and heat it up as a quicky broccoli/potato/cheese soup!
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups broccoli florets, thawed, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (Vidalia is wonderful)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven.
- Add broccoli, onion and garlic; saute until tender.
- Place in blender container with chicken broth.
- Process until mixture is pureed.
- Add to mashed potatoes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Transfer to buttered ovensafe serving dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Broil until hot and bubbly and cheese melts and browns.
- Serve immediately.