1/2 Photos of Broccoli-Mascarpone Soup
From Bon Appetit, Dec. 2006 under "All the Trimmings" from Betty Rosbottom. This soup looks terrific in the photo. You can make this a day ahead of serving. Just cover and chill. Heat soup over medium heat, stirring occasionally; do not boil. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with reserved mascarpone. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add shallots; sauté 3 minutes.
- 3Add broccoli; sauté 1 minutes.
- 4Add broth; bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Cool slightly.
- 7Working in batches, transfer soup to blender; puree until smooth.
- 8Return to pot.
- 9Reserve 1/4 cup mascarpone in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- 10Whisk 1 1/4 cups mascarpone and cayenne pepper to soup.
- 11Season with salt. (Up to here can be done 1 day ahead-see note in description).
- 12Garnish with reserved mascarpone.
- 13Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli-Mascarpone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: