Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
"A satisfying yet light soup as the first course"-Buon Apetit
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced shallots (about 6 large)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets, cut into one-inch pieces
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups mascarpone cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add shallots; saute 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli; saute 1 minute. Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to blender; puree until smooth. Return to pot.
- Reserve 1/4 cup mascarpone in small bowl; cover and chill.
- Whisk 1 1/4 cups mascarpone and cayenne pepper into soup.
- Season with salt.
- Heat soup over medium heat, stirring occasionally; do not boil.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with reserved mascarpone. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.