Recipe by crafty chef
I love, love, love broccoli and this is a really delicious way to serve it! I'm guessing on the servings.
Top Review by Soup Lady
This is now my favorite broccoli side. I am not the biggest cooked broccoli fan and DH and I both enjoyed this. I couldn't find tomatoes with balsamic vinegar so I used tomatoes with olive oil, basil and oregano and added a splash of balsamic. We also tried some with a bit of parmesan sprinkled on it and it was very good! Thanks for this one! Made for PAC Fall 2008
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar basil and oil
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the tomatoes with their juices, and simmer until the liquid has reduced by about 1/2.
- Place the broccoli on top of the tomatoes, and season with a little salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender. Do not over cook the broccoli, it should be a vibrant green.
- Pour into a serving dish, and toss to blend with the sauce before serving.