Recipe by Shannon 24
This is another really good broccoli salad recipe - with mandarin oranges! I got this recipe from the cookbook - The Best of the Best, and More (The Best of Bridge).
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
Tagged in Spring '08 PAC. I used 1/8 C vinegar and 1/8 C white wine for the white wine vinegar. Didn't use raisins or mushrooms, so upped the broccoli 1 cup. Only used 5 slices of bacon and that was PLENTY! Still ended up with too much sauce, so I would use another cup or two of broccoli or add something else to replace the missing ingred. My DH didn't care for it, probably bcz he doesn't like fruit in his other dishes. It was a little to sweet, so I will cut back on the sugar a bit next time.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing, in a saucepan, whisk together eggs, sugar, cornstarch and dry mustard.
- Add vinegar and water and cook slowly until it is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in mayonnaise.
- For the salad marinate broccoli in dressing for several hours.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well.