Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
Easy, tasty Broccoli Salad. Great for lunch or dinner.I got the recipe from Good Taste fine recipes.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, well drained
- 1⁄2 orange, juice and zest of
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Steam broccoli in covered saucepan for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and rinse with cold running water.
- Place in serving bowl and chill, covered.
- In medium-sized bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Toss gently.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, Pour marinated orange mixture on chilled broccoli and stir gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I really liked this. I added fresh grated ginger. Next time I`ll add a little sesame oil. This is a great summer salad very refreshing. It`s a keeper.
Awesome! I was asked to bring broccoli to a family dinner of 15(how would you transport hot broccoli for 15 people anyway?) so I thought a broccoli salad would be good and I had all of the ingredients for this recipe in my kitchen. Obviously I made multiples of the recipe! I added toasted pine nuts instead of almonds, reduced the sugar and added seasoned salt & fresh cracked pepper
This is a very pretty salad. Provides a different twist on serving broccoli. It made a great addition to the pork I served it with.