- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, well drained
- 1⁄2 orange, juice and zest of
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam broccoli in covered saucepan for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and rinse with cold running water.
- Place in serving bowl and chill, covered.
- In medium-sized bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Toss gently.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, Pour marinated orange mixture on chilled broccoli and stir gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.