Recipe by Kim
Broccoli Madaline is a great salad. It is already loved by thousands of people. I should know because I used to make it almost every day for Piccadilly. I would have customers beg me for the recipe. It would fly off the serving line. I did cut the recipe down form the original. Also I made sure to put it into my own words. I don't want any one to get into trouble with the copyright. I hope everyone enjoys this.
Top Review by Sharon the Rocket
WOW! This was an excellent salad. It was all gone in 2 days (and I only got a little spoonful on the first day!) My husband really liked it and said I should continue to make it exactly how I did - followed the exact recipe!! Very tasty! Thanks for the posting of this recipe Kim! Made for Bargain Basement 2012.
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup purple onion
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain broccoli.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Put broccoli into a bowl.
- Add shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Chop purple onion fine.
- Add to above ingredients.
- Add raisins and bacon bits and mix all ingredients well.
- Dressing: Mix mayo, sugar, and white vinegar well.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.