A low calorie recipe for a broccoli casserole from cooking lite magazine...I received once at a demonstration trailer. I'd like to share it with all those watching calories.
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice (your favorite)
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom (sliced and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 4 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- For 4 min or until the cheese melts, cook over low heat.
- Stir constantly to prevent any sticking.
- Add the broccoli and cook another 2 min.
- or so until it is thoroughly heated through.
- Coat a 2 qt.
- casserole with the spray.
- Spoon the mixture in.
- Bake at 350* for 30 min.