Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is different from the other casserole on the website. It is so quick and easy. You can microwave or bake, but I think it works better by baking. Cook time is based on microwaving it.
Top Review by me & alex
I guess I'd better just admit this upfront - I forgot the eggs! And then, I was just kind of throwing it together, so I didn't really measure anything AND I had pepper jack cheese already shredded...I know, I know -could I have changed anything else? Let me just say that it shows what a great recipe it is that you can make changes based on your refrigerator (and make mistakes, yes, I know!) and the recipe is still wonderful. Just as good the next day, although it was hard to keep the leftovers hidden. I think the lack of eggs made it more like a casserole, but I really liked it that way. Great recipe WIC! Thanks so much for posting
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli in microwave safe dish and microwave on high 5-6 minutes until defrosted. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- In bowl, mix crackers and butter; pat half of mix onto bottom of 10" pie plate. Set aside remaining cracker mix.
- In another bowl, mix broccoli with with remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pie plate and top with remaining crackers.
- Microwave on medium 18-21 minutes until filling is set.
- Let stand 6-8 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- If baking, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until center is set.