Recipe by Irish in the City
I got this from Williams-Sonoma
Top Review by Chef Q-Zee
This was my first time making this. I was looking for something with leeks but no potatoes. This was perfect because of the broccoli I needed to use. I added 4 cloves of garlic ( YUM! ) and instead of sour cream I used 4 oz. of cream cheese and I had an extra leek and a little more broccoli than what was called for... that being said I also added about a cup more liquid. VERY, VERY tasty! Will definitely make again. Thanks for posting!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, including tender green parts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, florets and stalkes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the soup, in a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the leeks and sauté until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and sauté, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes more.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cover partially and cook until the vegetables are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches until smooth and return the soup to the pan. Alternatively, process with a stick blender in the pan until smooth. Reheat the soup gently over medium heat. Season with salt and white pepper. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and garnish with the sour cream, croutons and chives. Serve immediately. Serves 4.