1 hr 30 mins
Lindsey Lawrence's Note:
If you are looking for a dish that takes some time to prepare, but is worth every second because the presentation is so pleasing, this is the dish for you! This recipe came from The Soy of Cooking by Marie Oser and is a great low-fat, vegan version of homemade lasagna. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 broccoli floret, cut into 20 florets
- 25 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 ounces Burgundy wine
- 4 fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 garlic (fresh or powder)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 3 3/4 cups firm tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup scallion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Blanch broccoli florets for 30 seconds in boiling water, then place broccoli in ice water to stop cooking process; set aside.
- 3Stir tomato ingredients together in saucepan over med-low heat.
- 4Add wine and stir.
- 5Add spices and simmer.
- 6Cook noodles and rinse in cool water.
- 7Place tofu in a mixing bowl and mash with hands, potato masher or whisk.
- 8Add all remaining ingredients except basil for garnish and stir, creating a ricotta-like mixture.
- 9Drain noodle and cover a 9x13 pan with tomato sauce mixture.
- 10Do not forget to remove the bay leaves.
- 11Place a noodle on a flat surface (ex. cutting board) and put filling along the center of the noodle, then roll the noodle up and place fold down in the cooking pan.
- 12Take two of the broccoli florets and tuck into both open ends of the noodle.
- 13Arrange the filled noodles 2 by 5 in the cooking pan, with the florets facing outward.
- 14Top with the remaining sauce and a basil leaf.
- 15Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- 16Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Lasagna Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.2
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 627.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos