Recipe by jonesies
Creamy spinach lasagna, prepared to be lower in fat. Got this recipe from the "Great Tasting Money Saving Meals" cookbook. Putting here for safe keeping until I try it.
Top Review by mamajo57
I have this same recipe in a vegetarian cookbook. Made it to specs. the first time, was very good, but I thought something was missing. Next time I made it, added a little more cheese, more garlic, one can of mushrooms, and an extra tomato, which I layered in the middle. It was excellent. (rating is with my changes) be a 3-4 otherwise.
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli (chopped, thawed and well drained)
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg substitute and dried basil; set aside.
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in margarine until tender-crisp.
- Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in broccoli and mozzarella cheese.
- In lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish, place 3 lasagna noodles; tops with 1/3 each ricotta and broccoli mixtures. Repeat layers 2 times.
- Top with tomato; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.