Recipe by EllaP
I got this from the Real Simple magazine. It turned out GREAT, and was a big hit with my company. it is very easy to make, tasty and a little different than your typical lasagna. I am a HUGE fan of broccoli and was excited to try this. I decided to post it to make sure to save the recipe and I know that recipezaar fans will love this too!
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 lb frozen broccoli florets (thawed, patted dry and chopped)
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 15 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 sprays cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, broccoli, 2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan.
- In small bowl, combine marina sauce and cream.
- spoon layer of sauce on bottom of 9 x 13 pan, top with noodles, more sauce, cover with the cheese broccoli mixture. Repeat until it is all gone. Each layer put the noodles in a different direction it makes it easier to cut when you serve! When top layer of noodles is down, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover tightly with sprayed foil and bake 40 minutes. uncover and bake until the top is golden brown.
- I double the recipe for a bigger group and use one of those "big lasagna" tins from the grocery store. bake a larger sized lasagna about 15 minutes more.
- Also great to make ahead, freeze and bake later in the week!