Recipe by Abba Gimel
This Broccoli Kuegel is a simple & tasty. Parve, or even can be made for Passover
Top Review by lori818
NOT kosher for Passover by these instructions. Cooking sprays have additives because of propellants, and some use flour (original Pam) and/or oils that are not kosher for Passover (corn, peanut, soybean, etc.) Use olive, canola or other vegetable oil, very lightly sprinkled on a paper towel to oil the pan. Use a dry paper towel to remove excess if necessary.
Check that any soup mix used does not have corn as an ingredient. (Corn starch, corn flour, etc.) NO grains are kosher for Passover, and corn is technically a grain. Soybeans are also ubiquitous and not kosher for Passover...they are legumes, as are any beans, peanuts and peas.
- 20 ounces fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk or 1⁄2 cup non-dairy coffee creamer
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons white flour (use matzo meal or potato flour instead to make this kosher for Passover)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 7 x 11 1/2 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Lay blanched and drained broccoli in the baking pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, soup mix, mayonnaise and milk together.
- Add flour and beat well.
- Pour egg mixture over the broccoli.
- Bake the souffle at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, until top is golden.