Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
Traditional kugel served in countless Jewish homes on countless Friday nights. Enjoy!
- 1360.77 g frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml flour
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml parve chicken soup powder
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml onion soup mix
- 6 eggs
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 19.71 ml pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt margarine and stir in flour.
- Add water, chicken soup power and mayonnaise and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into 9x13 inch pan and bake for approximately 1 hour, until center no longer jiggles.
my family loves this kugel. thanks for a great recipe!!!
I cooked and mashed a whole cauliflower instead of using the broccoli. It was delicious! Thanks for a very good recipe.
I changed a lot of this recipe because I just couldn't justify the calories. I needed to find a way to lighten it up...and I did! I used 3 eggs and 1 medium carton of egg whites, I used low fat mayo and only put about 1/2 a cup (maybe even less) and omitted the margarine altogether. The result...delicious! Sometimes when I lighten up recipes, they taste like I've really lightened them up too much...but that wasn't the case with this recipe at all. It was so delicious. I will make it again, but will definitely be using my lower-calorie version. Thanks Miraklegirl!