Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The tangy dressing and juicy jicama make a great combination. Cider or rice vinegar can be used in place of the white vinegar. From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- 709.77 ml fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 177.44 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced into rings
- 1 small jicama, peeled and shredded (about 3 cups)
- 118.29 ml lemon yogurt
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- Cook the broccoli with a small amount of water in a steamer or in the microwave until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water to cool and drain.
- Meanwhile, place cranberries in a small bowl; add boiling water to cover.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, cranberries, onion and jicama.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Add to broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chilled.
I made this for a healthy "Super Bowl" snack. I thought it was great - but DH wasnt so fond of it. He didnt like the dressing. I did use FF yogurt and mayo - that could be the problem. I enoyed it and brought some to work with me today.