Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple side dish that I usually serve with steak or roast beef.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 -6 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add garlic and cook 1 minute while stirring frequently (do not let garlic get brown).
- Add brocolli; stir until well coated.
- Add the white wine, salt and pepper; simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and reserve liquid in skillet; keep broccoli warm in a serving dish.
- Boil reserved liquid until reduced to 1/2 cup; pour over broccoli.
Realy love it my family loves it. It had a different taste. i also put butter while i was boiling the reserved liquid.
This was a very nice way to cook broccoli and something different from just steamed or boiled. I used what I had left over from a bottle of sauvignon blanc. Very tasty and was a good side dish for the roast chicken I served. Thank-you, Nurse Di.