Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
To be eaten with flat Indian breads or Basmati rice.
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 fresh tomatoes or 1 can tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Cut tomatoes into quarters, place in microwave bowl and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Peel off skin and puree in blender.
- Alternatively, use canned tomato puree.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds in non-stick pan.
- When cumin seeds darken, add the spice powders.
- Add tomato puree and cook for a few minutes.
- Add broccoli, salt and two tablespoons water.
- Let the broccoli simmer in the sauce till it is cooked but firm.
- Serve hot.