Recipe by Tebo
This is a bit fussier to make than steamed or microwaved broccoli but it sure is worth the little bit of extra effort.
Top Review by Southern Bug
This was a really nice twist on the usual broccoli. I think I may have let my juice reduce too much because it was a very thick sauce. I'll be more careful about that in the future. I also only used about 3 tbs. butter.
- 3 lbs broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, julienned
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until tender but firm (about 5 minutes).
- Drain, run under cold water and pat dry.
- Simmer orange juice in saucepan with shallots until juice reduces to 2 tablespoons.
- Add butter and orange peel.
- Cook until butter has melted.
- Add broccoli and cook until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.