1/2 Photos of Broccoli in Orange Shallot Butter
This is a bit fussier to make than steamed or microwaved broccoli but it sure is worth the little bit of extra effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until tender but firm (about 5 minutes).
- 2Drain, run under cold water and pat dry.
- 3Simmer orange juice in saucepan with shallots until juice reduces to 2 tablespoons.
- 4Add butter and orange peel.
- 5Cook until butter has melted.
- 6Add broccoli and cook until heated through.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli in Orange Shallot Butter
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.6
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 78.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g