Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted as promissed by request. (From Georgian Bay Gourmet) Have not tried this but it does sound good.
- 3 lbs broccoli
- 4 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Wash broccoli and trim stems.
- Cut stalks about the size or you thumb.
- Add broccoli to boiling salted water, add sugar and butter and return to boiling for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain immediately and set on paper towelling to dry.
- Place on serving dish and top with Cream Sauce.
- Cream Sauce:.
- Heat butter in saucepan, add cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring with a wire whisk constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Do not bring to boil.
Soooo simple, but impressive! The cream sauce was delicious and I will definately make this again for my family! Thanks Derf!!