- 3 lbs broccoli
- 4 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash broccoli and trim stems.
- Cut stalks about the size or you thumb.
- Add broccoli to boiling salted water, add sugar and butter and return to boiling for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain immediately and set on paper towelling to dry.
- Place on serving dish and top with Cream Sauce.
- Cream Sauce:.
- Heat butter in saucepan, add cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring with a wire whisk constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Do not bring to boil.