Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
With Easter coming I've been looking through my recipes for ham recipes for those ham leftovers and came across this one.
- 2 cups broccoli, frozen chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 10 1⁄2 ounces canned chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned mushroom slices, drained
- hot cooked noodles
- Place broccoli and water in a 1 quart microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender, stirring once.
- Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, uncovered on high for 20 seconds, or until melted.
- Add onion, cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually, stir in broth; mix well.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 to 6 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly, stirring once.
- Add the ham, sour cream, mushrooms and reserved broccoli; mix well.
- Cook, uncovered,on high for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring once.
- Serve on noodles.
I too made this on the stove rather than the microwave. I also left out mushrooms as we don't like them, but this was delicious and we'll definitely make it again! The sauce is to die for, smooth, creamy, just amazing! A nice change from my normal Beef Stroganoff!
I made this on the top of the stove instead of the microwave, but it was still very quick and easy to make. It's nice all-in-one meal that kids and adults alike will enjoy. I used light sour cream and it worked just fine. I realized that I had no mushrooms, so I left them out, but I'll be sure to use them next time I make this. Thanx for posting!
The only thing I did different was to make this on the stove top instead of in the microwave. It turned out excellent. My son, who can be a little picky, ate all that was left. Thanks for the keeper.